Thursday, May 20, 2010

Rhubarb again! OK...does the WHOLE stalk have to be red before I pick it? I am noticing red color AND green.

there are several types of rhubarb. some are all green (old fashoned types mostly) and some are "red". the red ones are not "all red". you will find some green on the stems. just make sure to pull them with a twist at the base and cook immediately. enjoy. this is one of my favorite fruits and is very under used today. it's very healthy and looks pretty too.

Rhubarb again! OK...does the WHOLE stalk have to be red before I pick it? I am noticing red color AND green.
No.





Also, because kelley mentioned it as of when I'm answering, rhubarb is NOT a fruit.





Don't eat the leaves.
Reply:The stalk just needs to be fresh. The color won't matter.


No comments:

Post a Comment