Thursday, May 20, 2010

Should former co workers be allowed to slander & tell others your personal information causing you to be stalk

That last word was "Stalked". I left a job at the local newspaper because I was being discriminated against and slandered and despite constant requests that proffesionalism be put into place by my fellow co workers, they continued on to where it was an un workable situation. So I quit. Now a month later, new hired employees at that former company have my personal info and are harrasing me at my home via phone as well as my MySpace. Should I let this go? Or should I go to an attorney. Its crazy that they can have my personal information and be allowed to essentially stalk me and harrass me. Don't you think?

Should former co workers be allowed to slander %26amp; tell others your personal information causing you to be stalk
I'm not sure what jurisdiction you're in, but I would suggest that there are laws in place prohibiting all of the things you're talking about...





Confidential information is protected by law. If you live in a jurisdiction with privacy laws, it is protected more stringently, and the punishments for breaching it are probably more harsh.





Defamation (slander) is prohibited by common law. If your reputation has been lowered in the community as a result of things that have been said, you can sue for damages to help repair the injury caused to your reputation.





Stalking laws vary a lot between jurisdictions, but where I come from, if someone is engaging in conduct which is making you fear for your life or your safety, or the life/safety of another person, they are committing a crime about as serious as making a threat to kill.





Call a lawyer today. If you cant afford to see a private practitioner, there are probably free services in your community. Since you say "attorney", I'm guessing you're from the USA. I think in the US these services are called "neighbourhood law firms". If you dont know where one is, ask at a communinty centre, local medical centre, police station, etc, or look up your state's bar association (or similar lawyer's association) in the phone book and call them. One of these services should be able to direct you to somebody.





Dont put up with this anymore. Good luck mate.
Reply:People do this to everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment